Friday, December 3, 2010

a favorite gift


One of my favorite and most useful gifts I've received over the years is my Christmas plates. My mother-in-law, Connie, and father-in-law, Ren, gave them to me when I was newly married. It's not something I could have afforded on my own, so they were a delightful surprise. They always made Christmas meals extra special. And still do. Over the years I've added to the set--bowls and a casserole dish, salt and pepper shakers, etc. I plan to continue this tradition with my own daughters and daughters-in-law.




We're giving our little Madi extra loves lately. She had five immunizations yesterday and can hardly walk. She shuffles through the house. It hurt for her to have pants on. Makes me sad.


She is however, quite proud of her collection of band-aids. She won't let Kate take them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment